It all started with a phone call to Megan asking if she had read any good books lately. I was looking for authors to read this summer who had a few books – I’m not always the best at picking which books to read, but if I find an author I like, it’s easy for me to stick with their books for a while. During this phone call, Megan told me about a book she had just read, The Husband’s Secret, by Liane Moriarty. I’ll do just about anything Megan tells me to, so when she suggested this book, I knew I had to read it.
While on Amazon ordering the book, I realized my wish had come true – not only does Liane Moriarty write The Husband’s Secret, but she also has six more novels! How lucky was I?!
Needless to say, I was hooked once I started The Husband’s Secret. It’s safe to say Liane Moriarty will be the author I stick with all summer! I have since gone on to read Big Little Lies and am currently working on The Hypnotist’s Love Story. After that will be What Alice Forgot.
An added bonus is the HBO show, Big Little Lies, based on the novel! I haven’t watched it yet, but have heard great things about it! All I need is a rainy weekend so I can curl up on the sofa and binge watch it!
authors to read this summer
As I mentioned earlier, I’m not great at picking books to read. There are SO many good books out there and I find myself feeling overwhelmed when trying to sift through the millions of options. Sticking with one author narrows things down significantly, which is a win in my book (pun intended – hehe)! Here are a few authors I enjoy – all have many, many great novels!
*note: Light-hearted fiction and thriller fiction are the two genres I primarily read; therefore, the only genres I feel comfortable giving suggestions on. If you have a particular genre you love, I’d suggest going to goodreads.com for references on other authors you might enjoy!
- Liane Moriarty – in addition to the books already mentioned in this post, she also writes Three Wishes, The Last Anniversary, and Truly Madly Guilty
- Jodi Picoult – Leaving Time, My Sister’s Keeper, and many more
- Nicholas Sparks (one of my mom’s favorites) – Safe Haven, The Notebook, The Last Song, and many more
- David Baldacci – Hour Game, Absolute Power, and so, so, soooo many more!!!
- Michael Connelly – he has a lot of series that have some of the same characters – some of the series are the Harry Bosch series and Mickey Haller series
- Stuart Woods – he also has many, many series – the most recent is the Stone Barrington series
What suggestions do you have on authors to read this summer? I’d love to add to my list!
Lots of love – ked