Hey friends! How’s it going in your neck of the woods? What fun spring / summer things have been keeping you busy?
As I mentioned in the most recent Spring Round Up post, I was in Seaside, Florida last week for my friend, Kristyn’s bachelorette party! We had a blast – as I’m sitting here in my apartment, I’m especially missing the beach vibesss! One of my favorite shirts I packs for the weekend is a new one I got at Nordstrom Rack (you know I love a good deal). I used to not be a fan of the floral trend, but holy smokes – there are some SUPER cute floral pieces out this season!
the floral trend
There are so many things I love about this top – it’s a flowy peplum (double win), the cold shoulder addition, and the v-line mesh detail at the neck.
It can also be dressed up or down. For a casual look, it can be paired with with shorts and sandals, like I did in this outfit. For a date night or night out with the girls, it can be worn with rolled and/or distressed jeans and wedges – it’s super cute either way!
I’ve been to Seaside once before on a family trip. I totally fell in love with the cute, quaint atmosphere! Both times, we’ve rented a beach house. While I don’t have any experience doing anything else, I’d still recommend this route if you have a group of people. It’s so nice to have a kitchen, porch, living room, etc. while on vacation.
Here’s a snapshot of the highlights of the trip:
- Amavida Coffee – I grabbed a cold brew from here every morning in Seaside! It’s right off Highway 30A and in Seaside Square, so it’s a perfect location! I’d highly recommend it!
- The Great Southern Cafe – We ate dinner AND brunch here! Let me tell you – they have the best grits in the world!! If you’re in Seaside, you can’t skip this place! It’s also in Seaside Square, so very convenient to get to!
- Watercolor Inn – Hands down the best brunch of the trip! If you make it to the Watercolor Inn for brunch, you absolutely have to try the breakfast quesadilla. It won’t disappoint…and neither will the view!
- Caliza – If you’re looking for a nice dinner at a restaurant that makes you feel like a VIP, Caliza is your destination. I had the Vesuvio pasta with grilled chicken. All I can say is YUM!
Other things to do in Seaside:
- Seaside Square – there are some adorable shops, a wine bar, a local grocery store, etc.
- Just walk around and take it all in – the brick paved roads, white picket fences, beautiful landscaping…the list goes on and on!
- Beach time – DUH
What do you think of the floral trend? What pieces have you tried out? And for Seaside – who’s planning a trip there this summer?! I want to live vicariously through you!!
Lots of love – ked