Too frequently, I find myself thinking of ways I can make my life happier. While I firmly believe that self care (read Five Things to do for Yourself and Four Tips for Conquering Insecurities for more about self care on kedgotwed) is essential to happiness, I also believe a big part of happiness is selfless acts of kindness. There are countless things you can do for other people – volunteering for a local charity, donating money to your church, helping a coworker complete a large project, etc. However, today I want to focus on the smaller things in life. There is no denying the mental and physical benefits of smiling – what is something you can do to make someone smile today?
10 things you can do to make someone smile today
- Write a short note to a loved one
- Give a small, thoughtful gift to someone you look up to
- Send a friend the title of a tv show / movie / book / podcast you think they might enjoy
- Surprise your coworkers with donuts or coffee
- Send someone a song that makes you think of them
- Give a stranger a compliment
- Send a goofy meme or gif to your coworkers
- Send an out of town friend a letter
- Do a chore your significant other dreads
- Treat a friend to a post-work happy hour date
What comes to your mind when you think of small acts of kindness that would put a smile on someone’s face? I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on this! There are so many ways we can spread happiness through smiles! 🙂
a happiness challenge
I’m going to close this post with a happiness challenge – pick something on this list, or something you’ve thought of on your own, and make one person smile today. Then, tomorrow, pick two different things from the list and make two new people smile! Let me know how it goes!
Lots of love – ked