If you’ve hung around kedgotwed before, you know I’m a huge fan of podcasts! I’ve wanted to do a post about my favorite podcasts for a few months now, but I could never figure out how to structure it. You see, I’m always listening to new podcasts, so this topic almost felt too fluid to pin down. Does that make sense?!
Anyway, during my blogging break, I finally came to the conclusion that a podcast post did not have to be a “my favorite podcasts of all time” post. Since podcasts are a fluid part of my life, I want this post to reflect that!
With all of this being said, I’ve come up with a few categories of podcasts I enjoy. Included are some of my go-tos, some that I have only listened to a handful of times, AND some I plan on starting soon. Let’s dive in!
go-to, light-hearted podcasts
- Happier with Gretchen Rubin – If I had to pick one podcast to listen to for the rest of my life, this would be it! Gretchen and her sister, Elizabeth, talk about ways we can all make our lives a little happier. From things such as cleaning out a closet, to re-framing your thoughts to be more positive, they approach happiness in a way I have never encountered. Actually, sometimes I think this podcast has a lot of influence on KGW!!
- Lady Lovin’ – What a fun, laid back podcast! Lo, Jilly, and Greta talk about life as a women in the twentieth century…and they ALWAYS make me laugh! They are incredibly relatable and honest. Such a great podcast for anyone woman who is in her 20’s or 30’s, works hard in her personal and professional life, and knows the importance of kicking off her heals and indulging in a
glassbottle of wine on occasion.
Originally, I was going to incorporate these into my go-to list, but they don’t really fit that vibe. I’m almost always listening to some sort of true crime / investigative podcast – they’re addicting! I recently finished In the Dark, so need to start a new one soon! Some of my favorites I’ve listened to are:
- Serial – Just Season 1…I could never get into Season 2.
- S-Town – Made from the same producers as Serial!
- Someone Knows Something – Seasons 1 & 2!! I love the host, David Ridgen – he’s great!
- In the Dark – Season 1 was fabulous and I’m so pumped for Season 2!
- Happier in Hollywood – The co-host of Happier with Gretchen Rubin, Elizabeth, started this podcast with her life-long friend, Sarah. This is a great spin on happiness with a focus on the professional world. I was worried at first it would be all about movie stars / how to be famous, but that’s not what it is at all!!! It’s a great weekly compliment to Happier with Gretchen Rubin!!
- Off the Vine with Kaitlyn Bristowe – To be honest, I still haven’t made it though a whole episode…but I’ve started 3 different ones! These are looong episodes (longer than 1 hour) and I feel like they incorporate a lot of advertisements. However, with that being said, Kaitlyn is HILARIOUS!!! I’m not ready to give up on this podcast yet – I can see potential!
want to start
I always keep a running list of new podcasts to start listening to. Hopefully I’ll start some of these this week! I’ll be sure to keep y’all posted! 🙂
- Up and Vanished – True crime / Investigative (true crime – investigative)
- Sincerely X – Anonymous stories told from investigators, victims, perpetrators, etc.
- Someone Has to Say It – Lifestyle topics such as marriage, life outlook, etc.
What are your favorite podcasts? Any I should add to my “want to start” list?! Please share in the comments below!
Lots of love – ked